Its so nice to look forward to a holiday! Especially a retreat 🙂 But these days it’s so easy to make your own retreat-like-holiday! And in my opinion its actually better… You can do everything in your own time and literally wherever you like in the world 🙂
Healthy habits are also great to start while you are on holiday, in a different environment and then implement them into daily life when you get back home to aid with nourishment and reducing stress- make everyday life a little retreat-like!
These are a few healthy habits that I implement into my life, and recommend to all of my clients, to increase nourishment, reduce stress and keep you grounded in daily life:
– Green smoothie everyday, packed them with greens and maybe 1-2 fruits
– 2 litres of water daily, 3 if the climate is hot, always carry a bottle with you
– 5 cups of vegetables daily- super easy when you’re in a tropical location, its so hot that all you want to eat are salads! There are always some weird and wonderful creations to bring back to your home kitchen 🙂 And remember to eat the rainbow! Each colour in vegetables represents a different phytonutrient and they are all important
– 10-20 minutes (minimum) of mindful meditation or breathing everyday
– Yoga every second day, love this article that demonstrates the benefits of yoga
– Walking 10000 steps daily or cycling– both great ways to see a new place! And as a bonus they help to keep you fit and healthy
– Sleep at least 8 hours a night, sleep is so important for rejuvenation, healing, stress reduction and recent studies show sleep helps with weight loss too
– Snack wisely, when on holidays (and in everyday life) I make sure to pack snacks, that way if you’re out and about it helps us to keep clear of high sugar options that are everywhere…
– 10-15 minutes of sun- without sunscreen so your body can absorb and use precious Vitamin D 🙂 then lather up so you dont burn!!
– 1-a-day coffee 🙂
– Try to avoid sugars
– Whist you’re being super healthy why not boost your gut flora and take a probiotic 🙂 it will also lessen your chances of getting sick on holiday 🙂
I hope you find these tips helpful, and I hope that you can keep them when you get home to make everyday a little more healthy and relaxing 🙂