Ubud is such a magical place, the vibe is so warm and inviting I don’t think I’ll ever get enough! Ubud is blessed with a beautiful verdant landscape, this is what gives the region such character, and it ranges from high mountains to dense jungle, deep canyons with raging rivers to the picturesque stillness of rice paddies dotted with worshipped cows and working chickens- magical!
Culture runs deep there, everyday the Balinese make offerings to their gods and some days the whole town comes to a standstill for cremation ceremonies, in the evenings music can be heard emitting from the temples and places of prayer.
In the morning huge markets take over the roads, before the sun becomes too strong, making it nearly impossible to pass! But for us this was the best time- like something out of a movie the sun shimmers through the trees with its magical light.
One of the best things I love about Ubud (and Bali in general) is the abundance of health food and vegan/vegetarian restaurants- they are literally everywhere! I have compiled a list of my favourites for you guys, so you can enjoy them too and make your holiday retreat-like 🙂
- The Elephant– my absolute favourite restaurant in Bali 🙂 gorgeous views over the Campuhan Ridge walk and the deep valleys, amazing smoothies and coffee! (pictured above)
- Seeds of life– raw lasagne is next level! (pictured left)
- Sage- everything…
- Sayuri healing food– loved the ocean bowl with bbq cashews and sesame ban-ban
- Alchemy– raw, vegan, delicious!!
- Down to Earth (also in Seminyak)- vegetarian and vegan restaurant with a health food supermarket attached. The dragon bowl and exotic mushroom soup are SO good!
- Bali Buda– healthy food also with a supermarket 🙂
- Sari Organic- such a beautiful setting in the middle of the rice paddies!
- Atman Kafe- the back of the restaurant looks out over lush rice paddies 🙂 Had a delicious gado gado here and they brew their own kombucha!
- La pacha mama– plant based mexican restaurant from heaven.
- Yoga Barn- the most captivating yoga experience! Its by far the largest yoga space in the region and has guest accommodation as well as a health food cafe 🙂
- Dharma Shanti Yoga Bale at the Four Seasons Resort
- Taksu Yoga
- Ubud Yoga House
- Intuitive flow
- Seeds of life cafe- they close their upstairs seating area to run yoga classes
- Radiantly Alive
- Campuhan Ridge Walk- This is a must do! And do it early before it gets too busy 🙂 A beautiful walk along a ridge with deep valleys on either side that have rivers running through.
- A visit to the Saraswati Water Palace
- Tegenungan Waterfalls
- Tegallalang Rice Terraces- World Heritage Listed rice paddies
Just a few little spots that I hope will bring you joy and help to make your holiday retreat-like 🙂